Whole Home helps veterans. We work with your VA benefits to get the repairs you need in a safe, timely manner. You may want to consider a HISA grant for your needed home improvements.
What is HISA?
The HISA is the Home Improvement and Structural Alterations program administered by the Veteran’s Administration. The Veteran’s Administration, through HISA provides grants to Veterans for “medically necessary improvements and/or structural improvements” to Veteran’s homes.
HISA grants are available to those Veterans who require improvements or modifications for the necessary continuation of the treatment of his/her disability and/or to provide access to the home or to essential lavatory and sanitary facilities. Veterans with service-connected conditions or non-service-connected conditions are eligible for medically necessary HISA grants.
Additional information about the Home Improvements and Structural Alterations program can be found here:
Examples of HISA Modifications
- Replace all bathroom tubs with shower stalls complete with molded or pull-down seats
- Install non-skid strips or slip resistant tiles in the bathroom
- Install grab bars in the shower stalls and toilet area
- Install hand-held showerhead
- Install raised toilet seats
- Install handrails on both sides of the stairs for better support
At Whole Home, we can do meaningful modifications that will make your life more comfortable. Please call us at 513-482-5100!
Learn More About What We Offer